Monday, September 24, 2012

An awesome place to read Children's Books Online: We Give Books

I have recently discovered a wonderful resource for children's books online called "We Give Books," a relatively new digital initiative that allows anyone with internet access the ability to read a large, quality selection of children's book titles. Check out there video below to find out more.

So far I have read and loved the following stories:
  1. Goodnight iPad by Ann Droyd - A witty, modern day parody of a classic picture book.
  2. Start Saving, Henry  by Nancy Carlson - A fun tale that illustrates the benefits of saving vs. spending. 
  3. Dog Wants to Play  by Christine McDonnell - Sparse with words, but fun and slightly rhyming. Follows dog on a search for a 'today' playmate.
 It's a great way to help me research picture books to grow my writing skills as well as search for new, fun, or even classic titles that the children I work would enjoy.

No comments: