Thursday, December 1, 2011

PiBoIdMo: I'm a Winner!

From Tara Lazar's PiBoIdMo site:
I do solemnly swear that I have faithfully executed the PiBoIdMo 30-ideas-in-30-days challenge, and will, to the best of my ability, parlay my ideas into picture book manuscripts.


Signed: Christine Marie Alemshah


Phew!! I can't believe I made it through! In 30 Days I have managed to come up with 32 picture book ideas. It was much harder than I thought it would be.  The first two weeks were smooth sailing.  Then, thanksgiving week came and it was like my ideas were separated from my brain by a brick wall.  (It probably didn't help my mushy brain spending the week in Kauai.  My whole body felt like jello!)  Luckily some days I had multiple ideas, which helped make up for my idea-free days.  I also came up with some fun Hawaii inspired ideas.

I am in love with exactly 1 of my 32 ideas.  I am hoping that will change at some point, but for now I'm going to focus on that story.  Wish me luck!

No comments: