Friday, June 24, 2011

Fairies on the brain: A book review and book trailer

How to Ditch Your FairyIt's no secret that I'm a little obsessed with fantasy books. One of my favorite types of fantasy characters to read about are fairies. Give me evil fairies, quirky fairies, invisible fairies, or MC's that are part fairy (like Sookie Stackhouse) and I am instantly intrigued. My latest read was Justine Larbelstier's How to Ditch Your Fairy.

This book fulfilled my fairy craving and thensome! It is a quick read, centered around a teen girl who is trying to ditch her parking fairy in lieu of something better -- like the clothes-shopping fairy her best friend has. I love how Larbelstier's pulls you into a world where fairies exist (or are atleast acknowledged to.) I also love the lingo she has created for her characters. It's a unique, fun read!     My rating: ☆☆☆☆


Speaking of fairies, I am delighted to share the book trailer for Anna Staniszweski's upcoming novel, My Very UnFairy Tale Life, to be released in November 2011.  I am looking forward to reading this book!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trailer! I love how the music builds up the suspense! I love fairies too but then I'm partial to the good ones! Dropping by from the LBS! :)

Classic NYer said...

I love the cover art on that book, haha!

stopping in from the lbs tea party.

Anna Staniszewski said...

Thanks so much for sharing my trailer, I really appreciate it!